I initially thought it was bad karma for a dharma teacher to have specific financial policies like this, but recently I’ve been learning that being very careful that we know what we’ve agreed to in advance is way better. So if you have any questions on the rules below, please ask!
- You can determine ahead of time how long you would like the meeting to last, and the amount will be pro-rated at the rate of $100 per 50 minutes.
- Generally, I’ve found it helpful to do a full 50-minute session, at least in the beginning.
- If you find you do not need all the time that you booked, you do still need to pay for the whole amount, since this appointment precludes me from using the time to earn my livelihood in other ways.
- Since scheduling an individual appointment blocks me from other forms of livelihood during that time, there is a 24-hour cancellation policy. If you cancel with less than 24 hours’ notice, you’ll need to pay 50% of the agreed on-price (so $50 for 50 mins, $25 for 25 mins, etc.)
- If you cancel with less than 24 hours’ notice or don’t show up for your appointment more than once in a four-month period, you’ll need to pay the full rate starting with the second missed or late-cancelled appointment.