All my teaching is by donation except individual meetings, which have a fixed cost, since they minute-by-minute conflict with my job as a psychologist. The procedure for these is:
- I will send you a video chat link a few minutes before our meeting, or if my clinic is running late, it might be a few minutes late. If we start late, we can end equally late so your time isn’t cut short.
- Sessions are 50 minutes for (USD) $130 or 25 minutes for $65.
- If your money is in USD, Venmo or PayPal work great. If your money isn’t in USD, it’s much cheaper for you to pay via a website/app called Transferwise. If you put in my name and email (my name, period in between first and last, at Gmail), all the other questions will disappear from the form, so you don’t need my bank info, address, etc. If you use PayPal, please don’t use the donate button on this website, and make sure it says “Friends and family” somewhere in the transfer. Otherwise, PayPal takes a significant fee. (The fee is for fraud prevention, which you hopefully don’t need for talking to a dharma teacher! The friends-and-family option waives the fraud prevention and is free).
- Generally, I’ve found it helpful to do a full 50-minute session for the first meeting, unless we already know each other fairly well.
- If you find you do not need all the time that you booked, you do still need to pay for the whole amount, since this appointment precludes me from using the time to earn my livelihood in other ways.
- Since scheduling an individual appointment blocks me from other forms of livelihood during that time, there is a 24-hour cancellation policy. If you cancel with less than 24 hours’ notice, you’ll need to pay 50% of the agreed on-price (so $65 for 50 mins, $37.50 for 25 mins, etc.)
- If you cancel with less than 24 hours’ notice or don’t show up for your appointment more than once in a six-month period, you’ll need to pay the full rate starting with the second missed or late-cancelled appointment.
- Please make sure you’re at a stable internet connection, as we can’t extend or cancel the appointment due to faulty internet. I can call your phone if you’re in the US, Canada, or Mexico, but my phone can’t call numbers elsewhere.